Saturday 4 June 2016

Nature's running track

This field at the top of Somerton village was newly seeded with what I suspect is maize, just a few weeks ago. The lines of small plants just sprouting and the loose cindery soil between reminded me of those running tracks we used to suffer running round when I was a small boy at a big school athletics day.


For the shot I used a Nikon D610 an old Nikon 80-200 f4.5 manual zoom, set to about f5.6 to allow me to crop in and keep the depth of field narrowish while still keeping the lines clear enough to see. I was shooting into the sun and had to be careful about flare on the lens, so stood in the shadow of a tree to prevent the image being spoiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated: please wait a little while for your comment to appear.