Saturday 3 December 2016

Gospel Bell

Well those 3 months went by quickly!

I've had a lot of things happen to draw me away from photography & stuff since the summer, and it's made a bit of a gap here. One of the more pleasurable things has been to start gigging a couple of times a month with a gospel blues band called Gospel Bell. I play acoustic slide guitar, which is a barely musical form, but complements the music very well.

As a bit of a project I'm documenting the band at the different gigs we do, taking a camera and shooting as opportunity presents itself, usually when I think the song needs a break from my guitar. So there's no crawling around on stage (and no stage) or climbing on speakers, but instead just some shots from where I stand to play or a couple of steps sideways. The band is a collective, and can be as small as about 4 or as large as 10 or 12 depending on availability, although there's a core personnel.

Here are some of my faves so far, but for more have a look at my Flickr album.


All shot with a Nikon D610 and either 50mm f1.8 or 85mm f1.4 lenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated: please wait a little while for your comment to appear.